From Tuesday 27th October the way you contact the Out of Hours Service is changing.
When our GP Practice is closed, patients should call the NHS 111 service by dialing 111.All calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
What is the NHs 111 services?
- A simple, free to call, easy to remember three digit number that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The NHS 111 service directs patients to the service that is best able to meet their needs taking into account their location, the time of day of their call, and the capacity of local services.
When should I use the NHS 111 Service?
- When its not a life threatening situation, and therefore is less urgent than a 999 call.
- When visiting your own GP isn't an option, for instance when the GP Practice is shut or you are aware from home.
- When you feel you cannot wait or are simply unsure of which service you require.
- When you require reassurance about what to do next.